This juice is perfect to have mid-afternoon, when you’re dragging a bit and need a pick-me-up. It’s chock full of vitamins and antioxidants, so it’ll give you plenty of energy to finish your day strong. Although there is sugar in beets and carrots, it’s minimal and this will definitely keep you going…unlike those afternoon sugary snacks like cookies and candy that make you crash an hour later!
- 5 carrots
- 3 stalks kale
- 1/2 lemon (doesn’t need to be peeled if organic)
- 1 apple (seeded)
- 2 small beets, or half of a large beet (scrubbed clean)
- a good handful of fresh parsley
Chop everything up into small enough pieces to feed through the juicer, one or two pieces at a time. I haven’t tried this yet, but you can save the pulp that comes out of the juicer for later meals. One of my friends puts her pulp into cookie dough or pancakes if she happens to be making some, or you could throw it on a salad. I’ve only had my juicer for a week and a half, so no experimentations with that yet. But there definitely will be some soon! For now, it’s at least making my compost pile happy.
I’d like to start including more nutritional info on here, but don’t have the time right now to add much more. So in the meantime, here’s a quick run down of the benefits this juice will give you! It really does give you an instant burst of energy.
- Beets: anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, and great detoxifier (high in vitamin C and manganese)
- Parsley: vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid (important for the heart, and helps regulate proper cell division)
- Kale: TONS of vitamin K, A, and C, detoxification, antioxidants and cancer prevention
- Apple: vitamin C (fiber removed during the juicing process)
- Lemon: more vitamin C, of course. And helps balance the flavor of the juice…!
Hope this helps get you through a long day! Enjoy.